okay so I’ve seen a lot of really cool things around the internet so I thought I’d compile a bunch of references and fun things into one easy post for y’all! this has been a real long time in the making but it’s finally finished uwu (◡‿◡✿)
- any links on this masterpost broken? use this!BEING AN ADULT
- 50 sci fi and fantasy works every socialist should read
- a simple unbiased political resource for young adults in the uk
- a whole bunch of cv/resume templates
- any lipstick colour you want for cheap
- college survival masterpost
- food for broke college kids
- how to answer common job interview questions
- how to become an adult
- how to look busy even when you’re not
- learn languages
- need to escape from a bad home situation?
- short introductions to politics and other grown up issues
- should i vote ukip?
- what are my transferable skills?
- what the fuck should i make for dinner?
- writing a cover letterCHEER UP
- 24/7 cute animal livestreams
- 7 cups of tea
- cute websites
- feeling ok?
- feeling stressed?
- for when u hav feelings
- for when ur sad my lil pumpkin
- happy things
- positivity tag
- trekkie care packageFILMS
- afi’s top 100
- all the disney and pixar u could want
- animated faves
- find a good movie to watch
- ghibli \ wes anderson \ sofia coppola
- good movies to watch whenever
- lgbtqia+ movies
- lovely big movie masterpost
- ooo scary movies
- studio ghibli subs n dubs
- totally 90’s
- what do you mean we’re not 10 any more?FOOD
- a whole bunch of delicious recipes
- breakfast on the go
- cheap and healthy snacks
- ever wanted to try lembas bread?
- lavender lemonade
- make your own vitamin water
- microwave mug snacks
- my food and recipe tag
- no more ramen
- quick and easy snacks
- quick and easy soups
- recipes from your favourite fandoms
- smoothie recipes for every occasion
- study snacks
- supercook ingredient match
- thinking about going vegan?FUN STUFF
- cute games
- if ur real bored
- coolio psychological games to make u think
- easy blanket nest
- more cutie games
- plants that help bees
- realistic drawings and animations of plants
- reject someone in elvish
- waste time!
- write a letter to a disney characterGENDER & SEXUALITY
- chest binder tutorial
- helpcorgi’s gender + sexuality masterpost
- if someone tries to tell you your sexuality isn’t natural
- lgbtqia+ movies
- movies about gay ladies
- music monday
- resources for cis allies
- roundup of the best ya novels w lgbtqia+ characters
- simple cami binderMENTAL ILLNESS
- 7 cups of tea
- anxiety masterpost
- bipolar disorder masterpost
- depression masterpost
- disorder specific coping strategies
- feeling isolated?
- help w mental illness
- if you’re not good at reading body language
- need help but low on cash?
- panic and anxiety info and resources
- read web text more easily
- recovering from emotional trauma
- recovery resourcesSCHOOL
- a fuckload of free books
- back to school masterpost
- can’t afford microsoft word?
- cool sciency things
- exam survival
- getting up in the morning
- gigantic study masterpost
- learn anything | also on youtube
- lots and lots of free books
- peer-reviewed alternative to wikipedia
- pull an all-nighter
- remember more of the things you study
- simple essay structure
- study skills
- useful websitesSELF CARE
- alleviate menstrual cramps
- boost your confidence
- funny non gendered sex education
- love yourself!
- more sex ed
- on your period?
- self help after anxiety
- stop biting your nails
- stop procrastinating
- stop skipping breakfast
- super silky summer legs
- tumblr saviour for the rest of the webSOUNDS
- all the music posts you’ve reblogged
- calming noises
- daft punk
- get shit done mix
- music to write to
- my mixes on 8tracks
- star trek ambient sounds
- star trek ds9 infirmary background ambience
- when you can’t remember the name of a song
- which artist should i listen to next?THEMES
- brilliant theme makers and other useful things
- list of simple theme makers
- make your own theme from scratch
- the cutest themes on this websiteTV
- 90’s cartoons
- black comedy written by charlie brooker
- bob ross’ joy of painting
- cute urban fantasy miniseries w positive depiction of a disabled character
- danish political intrigue w subtitles
- every star trek episode ever
- gangsters in the ’20s - gr8 lady characters
- giles & sue
- how to watch classic who | now here’s the masterpost!
- jack davenport and idris elba fight vampires
- paul mcgann fan? you will be after this
- series about cool people starting a colony on another planet - if you enjoy babylon 5 and deep space nine you’ll love this
- the hour
- the x files
- twin peaksMISC
So I found this website which has really cute fandom stuff…
and then there’s this glow-in-the-dark gem…
but also if you hover over the picture it shows you what the item looks like in plus size…
so yeah you guys should probably check it out
GUYS THIS IS REALLY AWESOME WE NEED TO SIGNAL BOOST THIS SHIT
ER MER GERD YES CHECKING THIS OUT
What is 50 shades of grey about? And what's so bad about it?
50 Shades of Grey was originally fanfiction based on the Twilight series, which was then published as a novel (along with 2 subsequent books). It sold over 100 million copies around the world and topped best-seller lists everywhere. It’s about to be adapted into a film, set to come out early next year.
It follows a college student named Ana Steele, who enters a relationship with a man named Christian Grey and is then introduced to a bastardised and abusive parody of BDSM culture.
While the book is paraded as erotica, the relationship between Ana and Christian is far from healthy. The core mantra of the BDSM community is “safe, sane and consensual”, and 50 Shades is anything but. None of the rules of BDSM practices (which are put in place to protect those involved) are actually upheld. Christian is controlling, manipulative, abusive, takes complete advantage of Ana, ignores safe-words, ignores consent, keeps her uneducated about the sexual practices they’re taking part in, and a multitude of other terrible things. Their relationship is completely sickening and unhealthy.
Basically, “the book is a glaring glamorisation of violence against women,” as Amy Bonomi so perfectly put it.
It’s terrible enough that a book like this has been absorbed by people worldwide. Now, we have a film that is expected to be a huge box-office success, and will likely convince countless more young women that it’s okay not to have any autonomy in a relationship, that a man is allowed to control them entirely. It will also show many young men that women are theirs to play with and dominate, thus contributing to antiquated patriarchal values and rape culture.
Plenty of films have taken a stab at bringing Bible stories to life, from “The Ten Commandments” and “Jesus Christ: Superstar” to this year’s “Son of God” and “Noah.” But despite those movies’ different genres and tones, these films all tend to share one similarity: They have white casts, even though the Bible’s characters would have been from parts of Africa or the Middle East. Photographer James C. Lewis of Noire3000 | N3K Photo Studios has decided to rectify by presenting these iconic figures in a new light.
Lewis’ “Icons Of The Bible” photo series depicts some of the most famous characters from the Old and New Testament exclusively as people of color, including Simon Peter, Elijah, King Solomon and the archangel Gabriel. The series, which will be fully released in October, features 70 models who identify as either Asian, Native American, Hispanic, African, Middle Eastern, Black American and West Indian.
"I think it is very important to see one’s self in the Scripture so that it may become real in their eyes," Lewis told The Huffington Post. "The whitewashing of the Bible has always bothered me. However I’m happy to now have the opportunity to give a different point of view."
Fifty Shades of Domestic Abuse
50 Shades of Damaging Stereotypes
Fifty Shades of Wanna Guess How Many People Will Be Hospitalized Due To Flesh Wounds From Improper Knots After The Movie?
50 Shades of Glorified Abuse
50 Shades of Kidney Damage from Incompetent Crop Use
Fifty Shades of Pathological Violence Due To Past Trauma Isn’t Kink